Roofing Companies Pro‑Start® Starter Strip Shingles
Cost effective starter strip shingles with properly positioned adhesive help roofing companies resist shingle blowoff.
Why Pro‑Start® Starter Strip Shingles?
Pre-cut eave/rake starter strips are one of the most overlooked parts of a roofing companies system! That’s because some roofing companies try to use a cut-up 3-tab strip shingle as the “starter” course on your roof. Unfortunately, these cut-up shingles may not have properly positioned adhesive to help reduce the risk of shingle blow-off. Pro-Start® Eave/Rake Starter Strips are made with a high-quality, properly positioned adhesive applied at the factory to help prevent shingle blow-off. Plus, installers like that they’re easy to use with no cutting on the roof, while homeowners feel good about the fact that they create less waste.
Economical alternative to using cut-up 3-tab strip shingles as your starter course
Tightly locks your shingles in place to help prevent shingle blow-off
Helps keep your property tidier during installation and reduces waste created by cutting-up 3-tab shingles
- Looks Better: Straighter roof edges and no messy black cement dripping onto your new white edge metal.
- Best Performance: Factory-applied Dura Grip™ Adhesive helps to lock down the roof edges at the eaves and rakes.
- Peace of Mind: Eligible for a Lifetime ltd. warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs.
- Excellent Warranties: GAF offers increased wind coverage on many GAF Shingles when you use GAF starter strips with factory-applied sealant and follow special installation requirements.
- Convenient: At least 50% more coverage per bundle (versus typical 3-tab shingles) means less to carry and handle on the roof.
- Efficient: Perforated designed eliminates cutting on the roof.
- Environmentally Friendly: Reduces landfill waste by eliminating shingle scraps.
Nothing Protects Quite Like a Roof
That’s why millions of Americans live, work, and play under quality products from North America’s largest roofing companies manufacturer – GAF.
Pro-Start® is a pre-perforated starter strip shingle, making it easy to use and install by removing time consuming cuts. Properly positioned adhesive helps prevent shingle blow-off.
Build a Durable Roof System One Layer at a Time
Building a roof to last means installing a series of protective layers, all designed to work together to create a durable roof system.
Eligible For Up to a Limited Lifetime Warranty
When used on roofs with Lifetime shingles and three qualifying GAF accessories*. Pro-Start® is also an eligible accessory product in the Starter Shingles category of GAF residential enhanced warranties. (*See GAF Roofing System Ltd. Warranty for details).
Advantages of Starter Strip Shingles
1. Save time by eliminating the need for cutting or nailing the starter shingle. 2. Tightly lock shingles in place. 3. Provide more coverage and less waste.
Stays In Place
Properly positioned Dura Grip™ Adhesive at the eaves and rakes reduces the risk of shingle blow-off. Use Pro-Start® to obtain increased wind coverage. (Must follow special installation requirements.)
At Least 50% More Coverage
Pro-Start® is a cost effective alternative to 3-tab strip shingles by providing at least 50% more coverage per bundle.
Each Pro-Start® bundle comes with 19 full sheets or 38 individual pieces. Coverage is approx.120.33 lineal feet (36.69 lm) (when split in half). Full sheet: 13” x 38” (330 x 965 mm) Half sheet: 6.5” x 38” (165 x 965 mm)
Pro-Start Eave/Rake starter strip is a key part of the GAF Smart Choice Roof System Solution. Using a pre-cut eave/rake starter strip will provide a cost-effective alternative to using cut-up shingles as your starter course. Includes a high-quality, properly positioned adhesive that will tightly lock your shingles in place to help prevent blow-off. Is easy to use and install, with no cutting on the roof.
- Great performance dura grip adhesive locks the first course of shingles in place, reducing the risk of shingle blow-off
- For maximum protection also install along rake edges to help protect shingles from wind uplift (and avoid the mess of hand-sealing the rake edges)
- Eliminates waste quick and easy to install with no waste
- Saves you time and labor no more wasted time cutting laminated and strip shingles
- 19 full sheets per bundle (38 individual pieces)
- For use with most standard English and Metric-sized shingles
- Saves you time and labor: no more wasted time cutting your own starter strips
- Easy to install: Up to 71% more coverage per bundle (versus using cut-up strip shingles) means less to carry and handle on the roof
- Great performance: Dura Grip Self-Seal adhesive locks the first course of shingles in place, reducing the risk of shingle blow-off
- Looks better: straighter roof edges and no messy black cement dripping onto your new white edge metal
- GAF offers increased wind speed coverage on many GAF shingles when Pro-start eave/rake starter strips are installed and special installation requirements are met
- GAF recommends installing Pro-start eave/rake starter strip at both the eave and rake edges of the roof
- Up to lifetime limited warranty coverage when used in the GAF lifetime Roofing Companies system; see the GAF shingle and accessory limited warranty for complete coverage and restrictions
Are you in need of residential storm damage roofing companies services or products?
Alliance Specialty Contractor, Inc. is a GAF Certified Contractor and a Full Service, Veteran Owned, Roofing companies near you that specializes in handling Storm Damage and Insurance Claims! We are the #1 source for all your roofing companies needs and your full-service roofing company that specializes in Storm damage roof replacement for all properties. We offer roof financing for your roof replacement.
You can count on our highly skilled team to provide fast and reliable free roofing inspections. We deal directly with insurance to ensure you receive the coverage you deserve and provide the best products from GAF. Are you in the Pittsview, Seale, Salem, La Grange, Shiloh, Phenix City, Auburn, Opelika, Columbus, Midland, Ft. Mitchell, Salem, Fortson, or Smiths Station?
Contact Us Today!