Roofing Companies Cobra® Rigid Vent 3™ Exhaust Vent for Roof Ridge
Premium ridge vent with 3″ (76 mm) ring shank nails allows heat/moisture to escape the attic. Roofing Companies should use 11.5″ (292 mm) & 9″ (229 mm) widths.
Why Cobra® Rigid Vent 3™ Exhaust Vent for Roof Ridge?
Roofing Companies Cobra® Rigid Vent 3™ Exhaust Vent for Roof Ridge allows heat and moisture to escape at the ridge. It provides 18 sq. inches per linear foot (67,720 m2/lm) of net free ventilating area and its unique EasyTear™ Sizing feature allows you to hand-tear product in 3″ (76 mm) increments — no knives necessary and less waste!
VENTS THE ATTIC
Allows heat and moisture to escape at the most effective location — the ridge
CAP SHINGLE COMPATIBLE
Available in two widths to work with 12” or 10” ridge cap shingles
Allows for hand-tearing the product in 3″ (76 mm) increments — no knives necessary and less waste
- Cap Shingle Compatible: Available in two widths to work with, 12” (305 mm) or 10” (254 mm) width ridge cap shingles.
- Effective: External baffles help deflect wind and rain.
- Versatile: Extra-flexible hinge design allows installation on 3:12 to 16:12 sloped roofs.
- Peace Of Mind: Eligible for up to a lifetime limited warranty when installed on Lifetime Shingle roofs1.
Nothing protects quite like a roof.
That’s why millions of Americans live, work, and play under quality products from North America’s largest roofing companies manufacturer – GAF.
Vents the Attic
A premium Roofing Companies rigid-style non-filtered ridge vent with 3” (76 mm) ring shank nails that helps exhaust heat and moisture from your attic.
Build a Durable Roof System One Layer at a Time
Roofing Companies building a roof to last means installing a series of protective layers, all designed to work together to create a durable roof system.
Eligible For Up to a Limited Lifetime Warranty
When used on roofs with Lifetime shingles and three qualifying GAF accessories*. Cobra® Rigid Vent 3™ is also an eligible accessory product in the Attic Ventilation category of GAF residential enhanced warranties. (*See GAF Roofing System Ltd. Warranty for details)
Compatability & Sizing
Available in both 11.5″ (292 mm) and 9″ (229 mm) widths for use with 12” (305 mm) and 10″ (254 mm) width ridge cap shingles on roof pitches 3:12 to 16:12. 18 square inches per lineal foot of Net Free Ventilating Area.
Unique EasyTear® Sizing
Roofing Companies can effortlessly hand-tear the vent in 3″ (76mm) increments — no cutting and less waste.
External baffles help defend against wind-driven rain infiltration.
Includes Ring Shank Nails
Includes 3” (76mm) Ring Shank Nails for proper fastening of the vent and ridge cap shingles.
Why Proper Ventilation Matters to Your Home
Roofing Companies should know Buildup of heat and moisture can add stress to your roof system, leading to premature deterioration and potential structural support issues.
Removes Excess Moisture
Excess moisture can lead to wood rot, mold and mildew growth, and paint peeling.
Helps Lower Attic Temperatures
Increase the comfort of your home by exhausting superheated air from the attic, reducing the burden on your air conditioning system and potentially helping you save money on your energy costs.
A Balanced Ventilation System
Include 1 sq. ft. of attic ventilation, evenly split between intake (at or near the soffits) and exhaust (at or near the ridge), for every 300 sq. ft. of attic floor space.
When installed as part of a properly balanced attic ventilation system, Roofing Companies using GAF Cobra Rigid Vent 3 is a rigid-style shingle-over exhaust vent installed at the roof ridge that helps exhaust excess heat and moisture from your attic while resisting wind-driven rain infiltration. It features a unique EasyTear Sizing Feature that helps eliminate cutting and reduces waste. Help protect your roof system from premature deterioration by installing a properly balanced attic ventilation system consisting of Cobra Rigid Vent 3 at the ridge and adequate intake ventilation at or near the soffit areas of your roof.
- Helps remove excess heat and moisture to protect your roof system from premature deterioration
- 4 ft. shingle-over vent for use with 12 in. W ridge cap shingles
- Helps promote your home’s energy efficiency by reducing excessive heat in the attic
- Includes EasyTear sizing feature and 3 in. ring shank nails
Cobra® Rigid Vent 3™ Exhaust Vent for Roof Ridge is a premium rigid-style vent with 3” (76 mm) ring shank nails that allows heat and moisture to escape your attic at the ridge. It provides 18 sq. inches per linear foot of net free ventilating area. Available in warmer climates. Cobra® Rigid Vent 3™ is a key part of the GAF Lifetime Roofing Companies System and is eligible for a Lifetime Limited Warranty when installed on lifetime shingle roofs.
- Vents the attic: allows heat and condensation to escape at the most effective location – the ridge
- Cap shingle compatible: works with standard 12-in width hip and ridge cap shingles
- Effective: provides 18-sq in/linear foot of net free ventilating area
- Nails included: includes 3-in ring shank nails for proper fastening on every installation
- Easy sizing: EasyTear feature allows you to hand-tear the product in 3-in increments — no knives necessary
- Strong protection: passes 110 mph wind-driven rain testing (under controlled laboratory testing conducted by GAF)
- Peace of mind: eligible for a lifetime limited warranty when installed on lifetime shingle roofs
- See GAF shingle and accessory limited warranty for complete coverage and restrictions